Untitled Document
  Arrival Date  
 
 
  Departure Date  
 
 
 
Rooms Adult Child
 
BOOK NOW
Places of Interest
Christ Church
Rest amid a copse of chestnut and fir trees, Christ Church is one of the luxurious and oldest spiritual places in Kasauli. Earlier, it was known as the Anglican Church. It was built by the British family during 1844 and since that time it has been remained as the place for worship. The Church possesses glorious structure in a shape of cross. Presently, it is handled by the diocese of Amritsar. It is located near to the Kasauli bus stand. 

Lawrence School and Pinegrove School
It is just 6 km far from the Kasauli town. It is well-known for the Lawrence School and Pinegrove School. The Lawrence School was instituted by the Sir Henry M. Lawrence and his wife Honoria during 1847. Initially it was begun only with 14 boys and girls and now it is one of the best schools in the country. In 1853, this school was awarded with ‘Kings Colours,’ an honour which was given to only six schools in the world by British Empire. Another school, Pinegrove was set up in 1991 and it is merely a residential co-educational institution. The 139 acres campus is full of pine, deodar and conifer trees. You can visit the campus and relax there.

Manki Point
Legend has it that Kasauli came into being when Lord Hanuman, on his way to getting the Sanjeevani herb, stepped here for jumping on to the Sanjeevani hill. At Kasauli there is a Hanuman Mandir atop the 300 m high hillock, called Manki Point (locals call it Monkey Point ), where Lord Hanuman is supposed to have rested his foot. This temple lies within the confines of an air force radar station and base and is subject to security restrictions (no cameras or bags allowed). The gates to the station are closed at 4pm. So visitors need to be inside the gate before that. On a clear day, one can get views of nearby cities like Chandigarh. One can reach this point by road or on foot. On foot, it takes nearly an hour and a half from Kasauli town. Brisk walking may take just 35 minutes.

Sai Baba Temple
This temple is situated at a distance of half kilometer from Garkhal. The statue of god was engraved in Jaipur and the everlasting burning flame at the temple denotes the divine power of Sai Baba of Shirdi. This temple was constructed in 1989.

Central Research Institute
History: in the early years of the present century the Sanitary Commissioner with the Government of India initiated a scheme for the establishment of a Bacteriological Department and a Central Institute for Medical Research in India.

This scheme met with approval of the Government of India and in 1904 work was commenced on what is now the Central Research Institute of India.The Institute was located at Kasauli, in the Simla Hills, about 6,000 feet above sea level. The Maharaja of Patiala and the then existing residential buildings were modified extended and suitably adopted for laboratory use presented the original site.
In 1933 further extensive alterations were made and laboratories constructed on modern lines, provided. These laboratories were further added to when, in 1939, the functions of the Pasteur Institute of India, were incorporated with those of the Central Research Institute. In 1946 the Government of India accepted a scheme for the expansion of the Institute in principle. This necessitated re-modeling of the main building, the acquisition of neighbouring sites and the erection of new buildings. Building operations in connection with this scheme were commenced in 1947, but owing to unsettled conditions, transport and other difficulties, these were not completed according to schedule, within the year.
Untitled Document
Follow us on
© Copyright 2011. Kasauli Castle Resorts | Terms and Conditions
All Rights Reserved